Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cecilia's Top Five Values








1) Family

Family is what I value most. I'm grateful for the love and support Nathan and Eliza provide. I would like to openly express my appreciation for my family more often.

2) Patience

Nathan is one of the most patient people I know. I would like to work on developing this trait, as I value it so highly. If I had more patience, I know I would be much happier at work and at home.

3) Communication

I know all relationships improve with good communication skills, whether it be a marital relationship, friendship, or even work relationship (as in your relationship with your employers/boss). I would like to be more verbal and express my opinions more often. Although this seems overwhelming sometimes, I know only good can come from honest communication.

4) Understanding / Listening

I always appreciate it when Nathan and/or my friend listen to my problems and do their best to understand my situation and where I am coming from. I would like to become the person who listens and empathizes, rather than the person who always has something to talk about. I know this would only deepen my respect and love for those who have supported and listened to me.

5) Love

I definitely value love. Sadly enough, I think of myself as less loving these days. Love is a strong, positive emotion of affection. And while I still need this in my life, I have been less giving of love. I would like to work on becoming a more positive person again in order to be capable of giving and receiving love to the fullest capacity.

1 comment:

  1. Even though my own life is different from Cecilia's (I'm a stay-at-home mom), I can definitely say that we have the same values. We want to work on the same things even though we're coming from a different place.

    ReplyDelete