Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Interview With Cecilia: Week 3

My Life continues with an interview from Cecilia's third week of coaching...

Coach Vaughn: What is a difficult goal that you have set for yourself and accomplished?

Cecilia: For the past 15 months or so, many of my goals have revolved around debt elimination. When all of the hard work Nathan and I had done eventually resulted in us paying off our car and our large credit card bill, I was elated. Accomplishing that goal was an a amazing experience.

Coach Vaughn: What's a goal you're working on right now?

Cecilia: I think currently I have two goals. The ongoing goal of debt elimination is still present (and we are so close!) as well as the goal to be a more attentive wife and mother. I don’t want my first goal to consume my thoughts and actions. I don’t need to work ALL of the time. Eliza and Nathan deserve my attention more than any job, and I should make sure to have my priorities straight when it comes to work and family.

Coach Vaughn: Who is someone who has greatly influenced your life?

Cecilia: My sister has been a great influence in my life, especially over the last few years. She has been an amazing example of unconditional love and has been supportive throughout all of my trials. She is not only a wonderful sister, but a wonderful friend.

Coach Vaughn: If you could choose a theme or this week, what would it be?

Cecilia: My theme for this week would be: “Be patient.” Tomorrow, I leave for South Carolina with Eliza. Alone. We’re going to visit family, and unfortunately, Nathan cannot come. This will be the first time Eliza will be away from Nathan for more than a few hours, and I can already feel myself mentally and emotionally freaking out. I’m sure she is going to be a handful on our two plane rides, and I just hope I have the patience to handle the tantrums of a 19 month old alone. So, my mantra for the next few days will definitely be: “Patience, patience!”

No comments:

Post a Comment